Politics of South Sudan
- South Sudan follows the Legislative Assembly.
- A Comprehensive Peace Agreement was signed on January 6, 2005. The region got autonomy on July 9, 2005 and became independent from Sudan on July 9, 2011
- The National Congress Party was the ruling party of Sudan before South Sudan became independent.
- In early July 2011, the Southern branch of the NCP announced it is splitting with the northern party and join the Sudan Peoples Liberation Movement (SPLM), the ruling party in the south. Its head, Riak Gai announced the decision.
- Sudan People's Liberation Movement
- Sudan People's Liberation Movement for Democratic Change
- United Democratic Sudan Forum
- Union of Sudan African Parties 1
- Union of Sudan African Parties 2
- United Democratic Front
- South Sudan Democratic Forum
- Sudan African National Union
- South Sudan Liberal Party
- South Sudan Communist Party